Functional Anatomy of the Pelvis and the Sacroiliac Joint: A Practical Guide
by John Gibbons (Author)
This illustrated guide provides useful information, techniques, and exercises to help you better understand—and alleviate—pelvic pain
This step-by-step guide for assessing the pelvis and sacroiliac joint explores all aspects of this crucial area of the body and how it links within the kinetic chain system.
A registered sports osteopath who specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of sport-related injuries, John Gibbons provides detailed information about how to
recognize pain and dysfunctional patterns that arise from the pelvic girdle, in addition to offering techniques that correct these impaired patterns and functional exercises
that promote recovery. He also addresses such key issues as:
• The walking/gait cycle and its relationship to the pelvis
• Leg length discrepancy and its relationship to the kinetic chain and the pelvis
• The laws of spinal mechanics
• Sacroiliac joint screening
• The role of the glutes, psoas, rectus femoris, and other muscles, and what happens to the position of the pelvis if these soft tissues become shortened
Complete with illustrations, photographs, and an appendix for quick reference, Functional Anatomy of the Pelvis and the Sacroiliac is an essential text for practitioners,
students, and anyone who wants to understand pelvic pain and what they can do about it.
You can buy this product at Gangaram Jinnah Medical Books Shop for home delivery and Cash on delivery to all over Pakistan. All kind of medical books are available.
There are no reviews yet.